Thursday, April 23, 2015

One Touch of Nature

 
 
"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin".
William Shakespeare
 
 
 
Thank you to all who left such thoughtful comments on my last two posts about the lakes at Panola Mountain State Park.  I will keep you updated on what happens there, I promise!
 
Today is the anniversary of the birth of William Shakespeare and also it is St. George's Day, the Patron saint of England.  Richard tells me that at one time, people used to wear a rose on this day. (Do they still do this? Someone from England could tell me!)
How about some red diamorpha in honor of this day?
Yes, I think that will do nicely!
 
 


10 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting that Shakespeare's birthday is St George's Day. Of course, I don't remember St George's Day either, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shakespeare should've changed his name from William to George!

    A rose by any other name....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a look at this site, Kay:
    http://www.stgeorgesday.com/#.VTiauazWAq0.blogger
    It's all about St. George's Day - and all about England :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to William! The flowers look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly I didn't realise it was St. George's Day. I don't know if wearing a rose is still appropriate or not. I can't say I've ever seen someone do it myself but during big fancy national things a lot of people still wear red roses. I remember people wore them a lot during the royal wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ignored the immigrant who came over here and killed all the peaceful dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funnily enough, I think we celebrate the national days of Scotland and Ireland more than we do our own! I've never seen anyone wearing flowers for St George's day or doing anything much. I'm more likely to wear a rose to mark the red rose of beautiful Lancashire. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not know that anyone celebrated St George's Day. I send the proper salutations for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May you simply have a blessed and beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kay

    No roses, and a mixture of fear and apathy when St George's Day comes around. It would have been the kiss of death for most politicians to have mentioned it during an election period.

    Also the day that The Swan of Avon died.

    Kind Regards

    Henry

    ReplyDelete