Saturday, October 13, 2012

Happy Birthday to Peter (PEEDER)



Cheers On Your Birthday, Peter!






 
Happy Birthday to Peter, or Peeder, as we say in America!  My father-in-law in England is celebrating a birthday on Sunday, Oct. 14th  and I hope all who read this will leave a happy birthday wish for him. He is the best!  (I really do try to say Pe-TER, but honestly, I do sound like Dick Van Dyke from Mary Poppins, but at least I am trying!)



In 2010, we were able to get there just in time to be able to go on a bluebell walk, it was so beautiful!  I am afraid that the photo above is very much what the poor man has to endure with me around!  I think that I must talk his ear off (and Joan too!) and ask about one million questions.  Thanks, Peter, for always being so patient with me.





And I know that strawberries are not in season but in June, they are out of this world in England! Trust me on this one. and they don't say "STRAW-berries", you must say, "straw-BUR-ies", that's what it sounds like to me anyway!  Hope you have something equally as delightful as this, Peter!



Peter made this owl many years ago.  Can you tell that is wire upon nails?  I thought it was wonderful and I had to get a picture of him with it.  Glad that I did now so I can share this with you!


                                              Isn't this perfect?  I think so!
 



 This is Joan & Peter posing with Betty, their wonderful friend and neighbor.  They had just made us smoked salmon sandwiches which they served us with champagne for our wedding anniversary.  I hope you will have an equally wonderful birthday celebration, Peter!
                                             Some roses for you, Peter!   xxx
  Peter, you know that I ask you the name of this blue flowering bush EVERY TIME that I am in England, so I have this on here to honor that memory for you.  One which I am sure that you treasure so very, very much.  It must be wonderful to answer the same question over and over and over.... It is a ceanothus!   I've got it!  (Thank God for the internet!)
 There are some beautiful gardens in England but the one I love the most is the one that gets the tender loving care from Peter, Gardener Extraordinaire!
Okay, here is something for you, Peter! A little bird told me that you like Katherine Jenkins so here she is singing a great song that Dusty Springfield made famous and I hope you will like it!
 
Okay, my friends from all over the world, please leave some best wishes for a great birthday for my wonderful father-in-law.   And I am thanking all of you in advance for doing so.
Happy Birthday, Peter! 

33 comments:

  1. Aw, happy birthday! Hahaha.. Peeder. We have the British educational system in place here, so we definitely say PeTER lol. That owl is brilliant -- so fine and intricate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son had to recognize that his parents spoke differently even though it was the same language!
      And since you are such a wonderful artist, it makes me happy to know that you appreciate this owl too. I love it.

      Delete
  2. And o, haha, strawberries. My music teacher in primary school drummed into us that it's "straaw-burees", and I'm teaching my kids the same thing now lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, straw-burees and razz-burees...and don't even get me started on how they say this spice, "oregano"!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to Peter! (Pronounced Pee-ta of course.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sue! And of course it is Pee-ta! :-) But only if I think about it very carefully!

      Delete
  4. From the not so distant Germany to England, here's Alles Gute zum Geburtstag for Peter!
    A lovely post, Kay; it is wonderful to see people loving their acquired family so much - often, such relationships are not the best, and it always saddens me when people don't have that closeness and love in their families.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Meike,
      Thanks so much for your wishes and in German! :-)
      Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Wishing you many happy returns of the day, Peter! You are the definition of a fabulous father-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mimi! Wonderful for wishes to come from Louisiana! And I can just see Peter blushing already at your compliment, well deserved as it may be!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, Peter! Keep on teaching the Queen's English to your American daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes for Peter!
      And you do make me laugh! People keep trying but it is hard to change the speech patterns of a lifetime!

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday, Peter! May you have many more blessed years ahead.

    Kay, these are all lovely photos, and I love that you have such a great relationship with your in-laws. That is really special. Your father-in-law must obviously have the British accent, but do you have the southern one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Martha, Thank you so much for your good wishes!
      Both my mother-in-law and father-in-law have the most beautiful accents (and Richard does too, of course).
      And do I have a Southern accent? Thanks for askin', Darlin'. I sure do. (Sometimes when I give my name as "Kay" people think I am saying "Carrie", a bit of a drawl, I guess!)

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday Peter, it sounds like you are blessed with a loving family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your birthday wishes for Peter!
      And I just read your profile and I hit the snooze button three times too, we must be sisters! :-)

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday, Peter. Your garden is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terry! Peter's garden is fabulous! There should be more photos of it when we went there in late May and early June of this year, if you would like to see more photos of that lovely garden! :-)

      Delete
  10. I finally got here Pea tur. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Sorry I am late. You can blame Katherine Jenkins for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, John for your well wishes. Sorry that Katherine Jenkins was covering up the comment page for you, glad it got sorted out! :-)

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday to Peter! England is so lovely and those strawberries make me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes, Connie! And the strawberries are so good, especially with Cornish clotted cream. Yummy! :-)

      Delete
  12. Dear Kay, thank you again for your encouraging words. Happy Birthday to Peter, he loks like a wonderful person and talented. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your birthday wishes for Peter! Wonderful and talented, YES, that is just right!
      Hope you have a great week too! xx

      Delete
  13. Belated birthday greetings to Peter! I'm glad you enjoy your trips to the UK so much, Kay - and your in-laws!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes! And yes, I really do enjoy visiting England, I guess it shows! :-)

      Delete
  14. I say Kay...doesn't that sound so English??LOL Happy birthday to Peter. Hope he many more happy days. Smiles to all of you, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! Yes, you must do a very good English accent, maybe you don't sound like Dick Van Dyke like I do! :-) Thanks so much for your comment! xx

      Delete
  15. Hi Kay

    A rather belated Happy Birthday to Peter and my congratulations to him on his wonderful garden and his artwork.As a keen gardener myself, I can appreciate the effort and care that is needed for such a beautiful display.

    In Herefordshire they say Strob.. reeze.

    Henry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Henry! You know he is a good gardener! :-)
      And NOW I now how they say it in God's country! xx

      Delete
    2. And now I KNOW, I meant to type...that pesky "K"...hmmm, where have I heard that before?

      Delete
  16. Hi Kay,thankyou for finding Me and for Your very kind words. I can see I'm going to like popping here,Your photos are beautiful and if your way is child like then We should get on like a house on fire,so to speak,lol. Happy Thursday love julieXxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julie!
      Oh yes! I am so happy to find you, I love so much your little toadsool house, I knew I would love your blog just from the picture alone!
      And yes, I should think we will get along very well indeed! Happy Thursday to you too!
      Love, KAY xxx Can't type without exclamation marks! haha

      Delete